Thought leaders Babina Knight, VP, People and Culture at Thrive Digital, Matt McFarlane, Director of People Experience at Oyster, and Jen Paxton, Co-Founder at Jamyr, discuss Transforming Your Compensation for a Globally Distributed World at Transform.
In this session, you learn:
• Key factors they considered when building their global compensation philosophies to be successful in order to scale
• Their biggest challenges when building out their compensation philosophies
• What was leadership’s response to their compensation philosophies?
• Understanding the finance component, P&L, and long-term sustainability to your compensation philosophy
• What does compensation percentiles mean?
• What was the hardest lesson/favorite failure when building out a compensation philosophy?
• Pro-tips and actionable takeaways to help you build a compensation philosophy
Balbina Knight is a people experience architect and activist in continuing to build a better world of work, and passionate about leading these efforts from the heart. She’s spent the last 13+ years working in technology with varying marketing agencies, from managing strategy to execution of growth marketing campaigns for some of the world’s most exciting brands, and leading top marketing teams in North America, to transforming her focus and efforts to fusing together business strategy with people strategy for organizational growth and resilience. Through innovation, compassion, and humanity she helps workplaces evolve with their people in a changing world.
Matt McFarlane is the Director of People Experience at Oyster HR, a global employment platform that makes it possible for companies everywhere to hire talent anywhere. Matt thrives on building first-rate workplaces and cultures, based on a foundation of people-centricity and operational excellence. He is experienced working across complex, globally distributed environments.
Jen Paxton (she/her/hers) heads up all things People and Recruiting at Smile as their VP, People. Over the past 10 years, she has developed a passion for building and scaling startups (3 of which led to successful acquisitions); giving employees the structure and support they need to flourish and grow. She loves coaching managers, fostering a feedback culture, and building programs that will help develop a sense of belonging. In addition to her full-time role as VP of People, she is Co-Founder of Jamyr a platform that scales video content for Recruiting and Onboarding. Jen is a mom of two girls, loves being outdoors, eating tacos, and drinking her weight in loose teas.
Mark your calendar for March 11-13, 2024, at Wynn Las Vegas. Sign up to stay in the loop and we’ll let you know when registration opens.